Material policy (INGREDIENTS)
Introducing the materials and policies used for standard products.
This is the material usage policy as of December 2021.
If there are any changes, we will list them here.
For seasonal products, we will include a description of the material in the product description at the time of announcement.
We have not yet achieved the perfect use of the materials we envision, but in order to give our customers a truly emotional impression, we use all the materials that have a taste, texture, scent, effects on the body and environment, transparency, and sociality. We will continue to pursue from all perspectives.
- Ecuadorian Alibaba Cacao (Cacao National Amazonia)
- Stable quality through long-term direct purchase from Winjak Union (NAPO area)
- Chakra farming, natural farming, pesticides, no chemical fertilizers (German organic certification)
Role of Winak Association
- Buy cocoa pulp from a farmer
- Trucked to Post Harvest Center
- Remove defective beans and impurities
- Register lot
- Fermentation in a wooden box for 5 to 6 days (regular stirring)
- Drying by sun drying in the tent
- Sort cocoa beans and remove impurities and defective beans.
- Quality check (directly conducted by Winak and Mamano's local partners). The beans used in Mamano are selected from those with high fermentation and low defective beans, and only high-grade beans are packed. Low quality beans are sold to other companies and local buyers.
- Weigh and pack in a bag
How to check the quality of cocoa beans
- Open 10 bags per ton (about 20 bags) and extract 300g from each
- Check 100 bean samples in 2 batches
- The standard values of cacao beans used in Mamano are as follows
- Fermentation degree 75% or more
- Maximum mold value 1%
- Maximum value of defective beans 2%
- Maximum pest damage 1%
- Maximum value of purple beans 10%
- Maximum water content 7%
- Maximum cadmium 0.5ppm
About base chocolate
- General viable cell count, coliform bacteria, yellow staphylococcus, aerobic spore-forming fungus, mold count, Bacillus cereus, mycotoxins tested
- Original recipe couverture chocolate used
- Use a small amount of sunflower lecithin depending on the product
- Cocoa butter is also derived from Ecuadorian national species (not Winak)
- Ecuadorian sugar (unrefined sugar), which is a raw material for sugar cane, is used as the base chocolate.
- Invert sugar, which is a raw material for starch, is used for ganache.
About milk ingredients
- Kakigori uses 100% raw milk, non-fat milk (without skim milk powder or water added)