I participated in "Cacao & Guayu Sarabo" held in Ecuador!
English version is displayed below.
This week, Mamano Chocolate is “Cacao & Guayusa Lab You have been invited to
What is Cacao & Guayu Sarabo?
Bringing together the most important stakeholders (ministries, associations, NGOs, etc.) involved in guayusa and cocoa cultivation, regulation and research to communicate new information andChakra Products (Agroforestry)It is a place to discuss the challenges, possibilities and problems related to
Mamano Chocolate is a longtime customer of the Winac Union (Alchidona, Napo, Ecuador),Companies working very closely with local stakeholderswas invited to this event on behalf of the private sector.
It is a great honor for us to participate in these forums as we are informed of new research findings, laws and market guidelines.
mamano chocolate,Sustainability, environmental protection and fair conditions for small farmers in the Ecuadorian AmazonEmphasis is placed on
Participating in such forums allows you to be involved in regional and national decisions related to this value chain.
Topics that were actually conducted at Kakao Lab are as follows.
- avoid deforestationand monitoring cocoa deforestation to comply with new European legislation on sustainable value chains.
- Cacao Chakra to Support Small Farmersproductivity improvement strategy
Guayusa's roundtable mainly covered the following topics:
- The purpose of the Denomination of Origin for guayusa is to add value to the guayusa produced by indigenous farmers in the area where the guayusa originates.
- Information about new projects related to guayusa (e.g. manufacturing plant for guayusa extract)
- Collaborative research on the properties of guayusa with a university in Ecuador
Mamano Chocolate is proud to be able to participate in such a forum, obtain the latest information on our products and related value chains, and actively contribute to the sustainable development of the Ecuadorian Amazon. Thank you for participating!
The round table of Cacao and Guayusa
This week MAMANO-Chocolate was invited to the "Cacao and Guayusa Lab". These are spaces where the most important actors (ministries, associations, NGOs etc..) that are involved in the cultivation, regulation, investigation related to Guayusa and Cacao come together to communicate new information and discuss about challenges, opportunities and problems related with these chacra products.
MAMANO-Chocolate as a long term customer of Wiñak and as company that works very close together with local actors, is invited to these spaces to represent the private sector. For us it is a honor to be present in theses forums as we are informed about new results of investigation, laws and guidelines of markets.
MAMANO-Chocolate puts a lot of focus on sustainability, environmental protection and fair conditions for the Small farmers of the Ecuadorian Amazon. Our participation permits us to get involved in local and national decisions related to this value chains.
The actual topics of the cacao lab was
- the implementation of the monitoring of the deforestation in cocoa to be able to avoid deforestation and complete with a new European law of sustainable value chains
- strategies to increase the productivity in the cocoa chacras to support the small farmers
While in the round table of Guayusa the main topic was
- the denomination of origin of the Guayusa with the purpose to create an added value to Guayusa produced by the indigenous farmers in the area of the endemic home of the Guayusa plant.
- Information about new projects related to Guayusa; eg a factory for Guayusa extract,
- investigation with Ecuadorian universities about properties of the Guayusa
Mamano-chocolate is proud to form part of these kind of forums and grateful to be able to get the newest updates and informations related to our products and the value chain connected to them and last but not least, to be able to participate actively in the sustainable development of the Ecuadorian Amazon.